Of all the questions that our founder Kerry gets from clients and customers, this is the most common:
How do I clear my acne and get rid of post-inflammatory dark spots?
Whether you get occasional breakouts on your T-zone or are in a constant war with blemishes, our brightening and clarifying regimen can help you get smoother, clearer skin.
The products you'll need:
- TCA Multi-Acid Face Peel: This peel contains gentle natural acids that help kill acne-causing bacteria, speed up your cell turnover, brighten, and hydrate your skin. By removing dead skin cells that can clog your pores, the peel prevents future breakouts.
- Dermaplaning Tool: This physical exfoliation tool is one of the best ways to visibly minimize dark spots because it helps speed cellular turnover. The blade gently removes dead skin cell buildup (a major cause of breakouts) and fine facial hair, allowing your serums to sink in more effectively.
- EGF Activating Serum: The growth factors in this serum will speed up your cell turnover and quicken the healing of breakouts. This is perfect to help rapidly heal existing pimples and also lift dark spots from old breakouts.
- MicroNeedling Tool 2.0: This micro-exfoliation tool works well with serums, and helps your skincare work more effectively. It painlessly stimulates the skin’s healing response, which helps lighten dark spots and give skin a smoother texture.
- High Frequency Device: This tool uses an argon gas electrode to emit a small current that generates oxygen within the skin to kill acne-causing bacteria inside blemishes and reduce inflammation. Safe for cystic and active acne, it shortens the lifespan of your blemish, prevents future breakouts, and reduces post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
To create a complete skincare regimen, add your favorite SPF to this daily ritual. If you have dry skin, you can also add in our HA Hydrating Serum after applying the EGF serum and before you apply your SPF.
Morning Keep your morning routine simple, but don’t forget the SPF!
- Step 1: Cleanse your skin with a mild wash like our Hydrating Gel Facial Cleanser.
- Step 2: Apply EGF Serum
- Step 3: Apply SPF
Evening: Apply these steps in this order. If you are not doing a step that evening, simply move on to the next.
- Step 1: Cleanse your skin.
- Step 2: Exfoliate your skin with our Dermaplaning Tool once per week. Please watch the video here to find out how to use our Dermaplaning Tool.
- Step 3: Twice weekly, apply 1-2 layers of our TCA Multi-Acid Face Peel. Once per week you’ll do this after dermaplaning, and 3-4 days later, you will do this without dermaplaning. When stacking it with the Dermaplaning Tool, the peel will feel a little spicier because you have just removed a layer of dead skin. The tingling is totally normal and will calm down in a minute or two. You can use our Ice Roller to calm skin instantly.
- Step 4: Apply a layer of EGF Serum
- Step 5: Use the MicroRoller 5-7 times a week in the evening. Please watch this video to learn how to properly use the roller.
- For best results, do not apply moisturizer if you have just used the TCA Multi-Acid Face Peel. You can apply moisturizer the next morning.
- High Frequency Device can be used as needed on existing blemishes or to prevent them. Limit use to once per day, and do not use the High Frequency Device the evening you are using the TCA Multi-Acid Face Peel. Please watch the video on how to properly use the device.
- Do not use the Dermaplaning Tool or MicroRoller over existing blemishes. Just work around them.