Microneedling has 2 main benefits:
- It stimulates epidermal growth factors to boost collagen and elastin that plump and firm skin
- Increases absorption of active ingredients by greater than 90%, making this procedure one of the most powerful and effective ways to stop early signs of aging and prevent new fine lines and wrinkles from occurring.
With the right corrective serums, microneedling will brighten your skin to create a dewy youthful glow that you just can’t get from other products or at home treatments.
Microneedling works best with serums that have active ingredients such as stem cells & peptides, growth factors and hyaluronic acid. These are the types of ingredients that will really maximize the effects of microneedling to stimulate collagen, speed up cell turnover, lift hyper-pigmentation, smooth out fine lines, firm, plump and hydrate.
Other benefits you can enjoy from microneedling include a decrease in fine lines, sun damage, acne scars, and age spots.
Microneedling using .3mm needles is pain free and highly effective at home procedure with no downtime and results are seen instantly. You can also combine micro-needling with a light peel prior to the dermal rolling once a week to optimize your results. The benefit to this is even greater exfoliation and uptake of nutrients.
However, to get these great results you have to microneedle correctly and safely. Below I have written a few of my simple steps for you to follow as you begin your home care microneedling treatments.
- The most important thing when microneedling at home is to use a device with needles no larger than .3mm. These needles are small enough that your microneedling experience will be pain free yet still highly effective. Needle sizes of .5mm or greater I always recommend seeing a professional.
- Make sure to always purchase your device from a reputable source or medical office. Know your source and only shop from reputable places.
- For optimal results, use the device 3-5 times a week. You can even use it everyday.
- Replace your MicroNeedling Tool roller head every month for optimal results. The needles will dull and become significantly less effective
- Never microneedle over acne or open sores. This could spread bacteria around the face.
- Only microneedle over the same area 2-3 times in one session.
- Always apply your serum both before and after you micro-needle for maximum absorption
- Proper Rolling Technique:
- Apply serum
- Gently roll over skin vertically, horizontally and diagonally, rolling over each side of face, chin, lips, forehead and neck
- Apply a 2nd layer of serum (you can even layer another serum or even retinol cream at night)
- Apply moisturizer and SPF during the day.
- Sterilize the roller after each use in 91% alcohol, let it sit for 3-5 minutes and then allow to air dry before storing in its container. It is recommended to store the device in the original container to ensure it remains clean. Watch how to cleanse your MicroNeedling Tool in this video.