3 Step Spring Body Skincare Routine For Smooth, Supple Skin
Written by Kerry Benjamin
Skin gets seriously thirsty in the winter. While many of us slather treatments all over our faces to battle dryness, something about being wrapped up in cozy layers makes us forget to give the skin on our bodies the same attention. It’s only when temps start heating up that we realize just how much we’ve neglected our legs, arms, and back all winter long. Here are a few tips for transforming winter skin from dry and scaly to soft, smooth, and hydrated in time for spring.
EXFOLIATE WITH A BODY PEEL
The key to reviving winter skin is exfoliation, but before you reach for a sugar scrub, consider a peel instead. Scrubs tend to be very abrasive, causing tears and micro-injuries to the skin that can trigger serious inflammation. Body peels like our TCA LACTIC & GLYCOLIC BODY PEEL contain a combination of exfoliating acids to lighten hyperpigmentation, stimulate cell renewal, and clear body bumps, all while banishing dry skin. Our formula contains high concentrations of lactic and glycolic acids—natural exfoliators that actually hydrate the skin so it’s left dewy, not dry. Also included: salicylic acid to battle body acne and soften bumpy chicken skin caused by keratosis pilaris. Plus, our peel self-neutralizes so you just brush it on once or twice a week and go about your business. TIPS:
- For deep exfoliation, don’t apply body moisturizer for a few days after using the peel. The lactic acid in the formula will keep your skin hydrated, but your skin will start to lightly flake and will continue to slough off for a few days.
- If you prefer light exfoliation, applying a moisturizer like our HYDRATING BODY SERUM after the peel has dried will tone down the flaking.
- Continue to use the peel weekly to reveal and maintain fresher, softer, brighter, clearer skin.
DEEP HYDRATION TREATMENT
After 3-4 weeks of using the peel, your skin will feel plumper, softer, smoother, and a whole lot more moisturized. For an extra moisture boost, apply a lotion or serum like our HYDRATING BODY SERUM every day after bathing.This lightweight anti-aging body serum is loaded with firming peptides and plant-based antioxidants like Japanese knotweed to help fight signs of aging, while olive squalane and phytoglycogen replenish moisture.
- Apply immediately after showering while skin is still a little damp.
- For a deep moisturizing treatment, follow the serum with a light layer of body oil all over.
THE BEST FAUX TAN
One of the perks of using a body peel instead of a scrub is that it evenly exfoliates. That means you won’t have any crusty build-up left on your knees, ankles, or elbows—all the places where self-tanner likes to accumulate. Using a body peel before you apply a self-tanner or get an airbrush tan means your bronze glow will not only look more even, it will also last longer!
- Wait until your body has finished flaking from the peel to apply your tanner.
- Moisturize regularly after application to keep the tan even.
- Avoid using the body peel until the tan has worn off.
- You can use the peel when you’re done with your tan to get rid of any patchy areas that have not faded evenly.